Leeds: Edible Public Space
Event date: May 14, 2011 14:00
This event is part of a series of repeating events. To see all the events, click here.
Buslingthorpe Walk, Chapeltown (at the crossroad between Reginald Row and Mexborough Grove)
After few months of preparation and negotiation, Edible Public Space has finally succeeded in having access to public land to build its edible public garden.
Please come along to support the project and forward the news to all the local groups around Chapeltown, Meanwood and Harehills ! But of course, everybody is welcome!
Here is the programme:
SATURDAY 14th MAY - afternoon, from 2pm onwards
- designing the garden
- cutting wood and setting up raised beds
- planting herbs on the border
- planting seeds and taking seeds at home, to get them ready for planting in the next weeks
- children & adults craftwork: designing and painting animal and flower shapes on plywood (to put around raised beds and protect plants from dogs and ball games)
SATURDAY 4th JUNE - afternoon, from 2pm onwards
- more of the above activities and more planting!
All Wednesdays evenings - evenings from 6pm onwards
- a weekly appointment to take care of the plants
If you have plants, compost, colours, wood that you don't need, bring them along.
Contact email: email@example.com