SmashEDO touring Northern EnglandTagged as: anti-militarism
Smash EDO are touring the country gathering support for the 2012 Summer of Resistance, a summer of anti arms trade direct action in Brighton. The workshop will include a rundown of the campaign so far, a direct action workshop and a chance to plan actions for next Summer in Brighton. Come along and find out how to get involved.
The summer of resistance will be a summer of antics and opposition to Brighton’s very own peddlers of death. Start working on your cunning plans now and join in!
Click on a thumbnail for a slideshow view
Since 2001, EDO/ITT’s products have been used to attack civilian populations in Afghanistan, Gaza, Iraq, Lebanon, Somalia and Pakistan. ITT, EDO’s parent company, has a track record of clients that includes the Nazis, Franco and the Pinochet regime. ITT continue to lobby Western governments to pursue military action in order to boost their profit margin. EDO/ITT may be only one cog in the global war machine but shutting them down will throw a spanner in the works.
Since 2004 Brightonians and thousands of supporters from around the world have demonstrated their rage at the factory through a variety of methods. Weekly noise demos, pickets, blockades, rooftop occupations, lobbying, street theatre, mass demonstrations and sabotage have all been used to pile pressure on EDO to leave. Despite being subject to a successful civilian decommissioning during Israel’s 2009 brutal assault on Gaza, the factory somehow clings on.
The summer of 2012 is the time for you to come and take action! We want you, your mates or your affinity group to come to the factory and express your outrage as creatively as you like. We welcome a diversity of tactics and no action is to big or too small. We will provide accommodation, support and advice wherever necessary.
How to get involved:
1.Talk to your mates/your group and think of ideas for action
2.Pick a date in the summer months of 2012
3. Email/call the campaign 07538093930 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed dates so far:
- November 13th – Manchester – OKasional Cafe (www.okcafe.wordpress.com) – 7pm
- November 14th – Sheffield – Occupy Sheffield – (http://www.occupysheffield.org.uk/) 1pm and 7pm
- November 15th – Liverpool – Next to Nowhere ( http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/index.php/calendar/month.calendar/2011/11/28/-.html) – 7pm
- December 3rd – Manchester and Salford Anarchist Bookfair (http://www.underthepavement.org/bookfair/) – People’s History Museum – Time TBA
- December 4th – Newcastle – Star and Shadow (http://www.starandshadow.org.uk/on/201/12/04/?os=2) – 4pm
Contact email: email@example.com